Laos is a gorgeous country with many places to see and experiences to live, but if you plan to spend your vacation there, chances are that you need to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, when it comes to tourism, Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online. iVisa can help you in that department. If you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest you take a moment and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Lebanese citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Lebanon who travel to Laos for tourism purposes can apply for a visa online.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
You cannot apply for a Laos eVisa unless you have everything necessary for the application process. However, you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it is essential that the passport you have is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not too long. Plus, when you apply for a Laos eVisawith iVisa, you are provided with three processing time options so that you can choose the one that fits you best. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 72 hours for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
That depends. On what? On the processing time you choose for your application. So, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you are charged. The list of prices can be found below and remember that the service fees are already included.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
As long as you hold a Laos eVisa, you are not allowed to stay in Laos for more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country via the border checkpoints listed below. Any other border will ask for a standard visa, which can only be obtained at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge