If you plan on spending your vacation in Laos, then you have made a great choice. You will have a wonderful time there. However, did you know that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance? Only 15 nationalities are visa exempt. Nevertheless, Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online provided that their trip is solely or tourism purposes. With iVisa, your effort will be minimal when you go through the application process. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Liechtensteiner citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Ys. The citizens of Liechtenstein who travel to Laos for tourism purposes have access to a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you have to do before you apply for a Laos eVisa is to check and see if you have everything necessary for a successful application process. That should not be a complicated task since all the items on the list are easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not as long as you would think. Plus, you get to decide the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is ready. To that effect, iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing speed of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. In fact, it depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The prices are listed above and already include the service fees.
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. Not yet, anyway. Th Laos eVisa is accepted only at the points of entry mentioned below. If you plan on entering Laos via another border checkpoint, you will need a consular visa, and only a Laotian diplomatic mission can issue that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge