Have you made the decision of spending your vacation in Laos? Then congratulations, you have made a fantastic choice. Even so, keep in mind that you may need a visa to enter the country. The good news is, however, that according to Laos’s visa policy, all nationalities that are not visa-exempt and travel to Laos for tourism purposes have access to a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you apply with minimal effort. To find out more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do the citizens of Macao qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, of course. The citizens of Macao, same as any other nationality, can apply for a Laos eVisa as long as they travel for tourism purposes.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not that long. Plus, chances are that you already have everything you need for a successful application process, which is as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on you. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can choose the timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is ready. That way, you can have your travel document at your earliest convenience. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The amount you are charged for your Laos eVisa is determined by the processing time you pick for your application. Therefore, the faster you want your visa, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each option are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
The service fees are already included
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa allows you to stay in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. The Laos eVisa is regarded as valid only at two points of entry in Laos. They are listed below. Keep in mind that choosing another border checkpoint obligates you to apply for a standard visa at a Laotian consulate.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge