Laos is an excellent vacation destination, and if you decide to spend some time there, you will have a great time. However, before you leave, make sure that you have everything you need, and we are talking about a visa. Most nationalities need one in advance. Fortunately, Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that their trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Malagasy citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Madagascar are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with little to no effort.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you need to do before you access the application page to fill in the form is to check if you have everything necessary at hand. Nevertheless, you should have no trouble in getting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. How so? When you apply for a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services, you are given three options regarding the processing time of your application. That way, you can choose the one that works best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is established by the processing speed you choose for your application. So, the faster the processing, the larger the amount. Here are the prices per each option:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The service fees are already included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa is valid only at two points of entry in Laos. They can be found below. If you want to cross the border via another checkpoint, you must obtain a standard visa, and only a Laotian embassy can issue it.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge