Are you planning to spend your vacation in Laos? You have made an excellent choice. Laos is a gorgeous country. However, before you start packing, you should know that your chances of needing a visa are pretty high. After all, only 15 nationalities are visa exempt. Nevertheless, Laos’s visa policy allows all nationalities that are not exempt to apply for a Laos visa online as long as the trip is for tourism purposes, and iVisa can help with the application process. If you are interested in finding out more details about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Malawian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Malawi are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
For a successful application process, you need to first put together some documents and information that are required during the entire operation. But as you will see, the Laos eVisa is not a very demanding document to obtain. You will need the following:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is up to you. Applying for a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you get three processing time options for your application. That way, you can opt for the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not the same in all cases. It depends on the processing time you choose for your application. As a result, the faster you want your visa, the more you are going to have to pay for it. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The prices above already include the service fees.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. You must enter Laos via the points of entry mentioned below. Choosing another one means that you have to obtain a consular visa. You have to go to a Laotian embassy for that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge