Laos is one of the most beautiful countries where you can spend your vacation. However, before you start planning it, you should know that you may be required to apply for a visa in advance. After all, only 15 nationalities are exempt. Nonetheless, you should know that as long as you travel to Laos of tourism purposes, you can obtain a visa online. All non-visa exempt nationalities have that opportunity. And iVisa can help with the application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, please read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Malian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Mali are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, before you access the application page, you have to make sure that you meet a few requirements. We can assure you that there is nothing on the list that is difficult to obtain. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on what choice you make. iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can have your Laos eVisa at your earliest convenience. You can choose between the following:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 business days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. It is determined by your application’s processing speed, and you get to choose that. So, the sooner you want your travel document, the more you are charged. The prices, which include the service fees, are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a stay that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. For you to be able to use a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country via the points of entry mentioned below. Otherwise, you need a standard visa, for which you must go at a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge