Are you planning to spend your vacation in Laos? You made a wonderful choice. You should know, however, that chances are you need to obtain a visa before departure. That should not be an issue since Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. The only condition is that your trip is for tourism purposes only. iVisa prepared a short and stress-free online application process for you. You should read the information below to learn more about the Laos eVisa].
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Mauritanian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Mauritania have access to a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
While the online process of getting a Laos eVisa is less frustrating than the one you have to go through at an embassy, you still need to make sure that you have a few things before you fill in an application. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not long. Besides, iVisa gives you three processing time options for your application so that you can receive your Laos eVisa precisely when you need it. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The amount you are charged for a Laos eVisa is variable. It is established by your application’s processing time, and as we mentioned, you get to choose that. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
Keep in mind that the service fees charged by iVisa are already included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a duration of stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. As long as you hold a Laos eVisa, you are required to cross the border through one of the points of entry mentioned below. Otherwise, you need to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge