Laos makes for an excellent vacation destination, and if you decide on it, you are going to have a fantastic experience. Nevertheless, before you start planning any further, you should know that most nationalities are required to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and it allows all non-visa nationalities who travel for tourism purposes to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can assist with the process. In case you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, we put together some information for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Mauritian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. Like all the other nationalities, the citizens of Mauritius are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
One thing is for sure, and that is the online process of getting a Laos eVisa is way easier than the one at the embassy. However, that does not mean you do not have to meet a few requirements. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. When you obtain a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services you are required to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The amount you spend on your Laos eVisa is influenced by your application’s processing speed. As a result, the sooner you need your travel document, the more you have to pay. The prices are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
Keep in mind that the service fees are already included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa lets you stay in Laos for a period that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. You have to enter the country using one of the points of entry you see below. If you choose to enter Laos via another border checkpoint, you have to obtain a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge