Laos is an excellent place to spend your vacation, which is why many people choose to go there. But did you know that most nationalities need a visa to enter Laos? Fortunately, Laos made a few changes to its visa policy recently, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel for tourism purposes. With iVisa, you will get the travel document you need with little to no effort. Below, you will find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Laos eVisa. Hopefully, you will find them helpful.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Mexican citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Mexico qualify for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa facilitates the online application process.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa does not include anything out of the ordinary. You should have an easy time putting everything together. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is entirely your decision. Partially. When you use iVisa’s services to apply for a Laos eVisa, you are provided with three processing time options so that you can select the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 business days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The amount you spend on your Laos eVisa depends on which option you choose when you are asked to select a processing time for your application. The prices are below and include the service fees.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can spend as much as 30 days Per Entry Laos.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, not yet. Only two points of entry accept a Laos eVisa as a valid travel document. They are listed below. Keep in mind that if you want to cross the border through another point of entry, you need a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge