Have you chosen to spend your vacation in Laos? You have made an excellent choice. You are going to have a lovely stay. However, before you leave, you should know that you may need a visa in advance. Lucky for you, Laos has a pretty lenient visa policy, which allows all non-visa exempt nationalities who wish to enter the country for tourism purposes to apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, the process will be fast and smooth. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you take a couple of minutes and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Micronesian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Micronesia are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you will see, the online process of getting a Laos eVisa is less frustrating than going to a Laotian embassy. However, before you access the application page to fill in the form, you need to make sure that you have at hand the following:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not too long. Plus, when it comes to the processing time of your application, iVisa provides you with three options. That way, you can make the best possible choice for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
That depends. Each processing time comes with its own fee, so the cost of a Laos eVisa is determined by that. Basically, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you are charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58 The service fees are already included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The period of validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa grants a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa is valid only at two border checkpoints. They are listed below. If you choose to travel to Laos via a different point of entry, you need to go to the nearest Laotian consulate and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge