Laos is a gorgeous country where many people choose to spend their vacation. Surely, you are going to have a lovely experience as well. However, what you ought to know before you start planning is that you may be required to get a visa in advance. Fortunately, Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system, and in consequence, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa facilitates the online application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the info below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Monegasque citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Monaco have access to a Laos eVisa. iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you will find out in just a second, the requirements for a Laos eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. You should not have any issues with putting everything together. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. iVisa provides three options as far as the processing speed is concerned. That way, you can receive your Laos eVisa exactly when you need it. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 business days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. It is established by the processing time you pick for your application. Therefore, the faster you want your visa to arrive, the more you are going to have to pay for it. The prices are listed below and already include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
You can spend as much as 30 days Per Entry in Laos when you hold a Laos eVisa.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. Only two points of entry regard the Laos eVisa as a valid travel document. You can see them below. If you choose a different border checkpoint, your only option is to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge