Are you planning to go to Laos for your vacation? Then you will enjoy a lovely experience. However, did you know that most nationalities need a visa to travel to Laos? Even so, you should have an easy time getting one because Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system. Consequently, you can apply for a Laos visa online as long as your trip is solely for tourism purposes. iVisa facilitates the online application process. If you wish to find out more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Montenegrin citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Montenegro, same as all the other nationalities, qualify for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, you must make sure that you have at hand everything that is required for the process. However, that should be an easy task because the list is not long, and the items on it are easy to obtain. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three choices when it comes to the processing speed of your application. That way, you can also receive your Laos eVisa exactly when you need it. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The amount you spend on a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It depends on the processing time of your application. So, the sooner you want your travel document to be ready, the more you pay for it. The prices are as follows and already contain the service fees:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. To be able to use a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country through the points of entry listed below. If you choose a different one, you are obligated to obtain a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge