Laos is one of the most beautiful countries you can spend your vacation in, but did you know that most nationalities are required to obtain a visa in advance to enter the country? Fortunately, Laos has recently adopted the electronic visa, and it is available only to those who travel there for tourism purposes. As a result, you can get your Laos visa online, and iVisa can help you through the process. If you wish to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Namibian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Namibia are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, you cannot apply for a Laos eVisa without having everything necessary for the application process. Fortunately, the list of requirements is short, and chances are that you already have some of the items on it. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not long. But keep in mind that when you apply for a Laos visa online, you get to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 business days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on which option you pick when it comes to the processing time of your application. Naturally, the faster you want the visa, the larger the amount you pay. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter Laos via the points of entry you see below. If you enter the country through another border checkpoint, you need a standard visa, which can only be issued by a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge