Are you planning to spend the holidays in Laos? Then you have made a great choice. However, there is one thing you should know about Laos. In order to enter the country, most nationalities need a visa in advance. Lucky for you, Laos’s visa policy is pretty lenient. It allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you. In case you are interested in finding out more about the Laos eVisa, you should take a moment and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Nepalese citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Of course. The citizens of Nepal, same as all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, can can apply for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can be of assistance.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements before you fill in the online application form. Nevertheless, you should know that all the items on the list below should be easy to obtain. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not too long. Plus, iVisa gives you three processing time options so that you can have your Laos eVisa ready precisely when you need it. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time of your application. So, the faster the processing, the more money you spend. The prices are below and already including the service fees.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa will allow you to spend up to 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. To be able to use a Laos eVisa, you need to enter the country through the two points of entry you see below. Otherwise, you need a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge