Are you planning on traveling to Laos for tourism purposes? Then you should probably know that you may need a visa in advance. The good news is, though, that Laos adopted a few changes in its visa policy recently. One of those changes allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can facilitate the process for you. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you take a few minutes and read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do the citizens of New Zealand qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of New Zealand are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with very little effort.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing on your to-do list when you apply for a Laos eVisa is to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything it requires to get the process started. However, you should not have a difficult time doing that. All you need is as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. When you use iVisa’s services to apply for a Laos eVisa, you are provided with three excellent processing time options so that you can receive your travel document at your earliest convenience. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 business days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
It depends on which processing time you choose for your application. Obviously, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you have to pay. The prices are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
The service fees are included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
So long as you have a Laos eVisa, you can stay in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa grants you entry only via the border checkpoints you see below. If you decide on a different one, you need to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge