Have you chosen Laos as your next vacation destination? Then you most likely need to obtain a visa in advance. That is because only 15 nationalities are visa exempt. Even so, as you are about to find out, you should not have a difficult time getting a visa. Since Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, you are given the possibility to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can assist you with that. For more details about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information presented below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Nicaraguan citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Nicaragua, like all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa does not contain anything that may be challenging to acquire. Plus, chances are that you may already have some of the things you need, which are as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not too long. Plus, using iVisa’s services to apply for a Laos eVisa means that you are given the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing speed you select for your application. Therefore, the faster you need your visa, the more you are going to have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The service fees charged by iVisa are already included in the prices above.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
As a Laos eVisa holder, you cannot spend more than 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. You have to enter the country through one of the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, a standard visa is required. You need to go to the nearest Laotian embassy to get that.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge