Do you plan on spending your vacation in Laos? Then you should know that you may need to acquire a visa in advance. Most nationalities need one. However, for what is worth, Laos has adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online so long as they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa created a fast and stress-free online application for you. To learn more about the Laos eVisa and how to get it, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Norwegian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, same as all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens if Norway are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
The first thing on your to-do list when you decide to apply for a Laos eVisa is to ensure that you have at your disposal everything necessary for the online application process. Even so, you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not long. Plus, you need to remember that when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 10 days
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 6 days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The amount you spend on a Laos eVisa depends on which option you choose as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. The prices for each option are below, and they already include the service fees.
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to spend up to 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country via the border checkpoints below. Otherwise, you have to go to a Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge