Planning a vacation in Laos is a wonderful idea. The country has a lot to offer. However, did you know that most nationalities are required to obtain a visa in advance? Lucky for you, as long as we are talking about tourism, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you get the travel document with as little effort as possible. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you take a few moments and read the answers to a few of the most commonly asked questions you can find down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Omani citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Oman can acquire a Laos eVisa online, and iVisa can help with the application process.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to learn, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not that long. Plus, the items on it are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you must have at hand for a successful application process:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. One of the best things about applying for a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services is that you are provided with the possibility to choose the processing speed of your application. That gives you a chance to get your travel document precisely when you need it. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
That depends on your choice of processing speed. So, the cost of a Laos eVisa can be one of the following:
- Standard –USD $114.99
- Rush – USD $165.99
- Super Rush – USD $224.99 Bear in mind that the prices above already include the service fees.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. The Laos eVisa grants you entry in Laos as long as you cross the border via one of the points of entry below. Otherwise, a standard visa is necessary, and you can get that only at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge