While there are numerous vacation destinations you can choose from, one excellent choice is Laos. You are going to have a wonderful time there. However, you should know that you are required to obtain a visa in advance for Laos. Fortunately, Laos’s visa policy is not very strict, meaning that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a visa online. iVisa can help with the process so that you do not invest too much time and effort. In case you are interested in finding out more details about the Laos eVisa, we invite you to read the information we put together below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Palauan citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Palau can apply for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
To be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, you need to make sure that you have at hand everything that is required of you. That is not a challenging task since all the requirements are easy to fulfill, and you may already have some of the things you need, which are as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
No. When you obtain a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you can choose the processing speed of your application. Your choices are:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is established by the processing speed you choose for your application. The prices are presented below for each option, and the service fees are already included.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain inside the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Regrettably, no. You can use a Laos eVisa only if you enter the country via the border checkpoints mentioned below. Otherwise, you need to apply for a standard visa at the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge