Are you planning your vacation in Laos? Then you should probably be aware of the fact that you may need a visa in advance. After all, most nationalities do. However, there is good news. According to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities who travel to Laos solely for tourism purposes can apply for a Laos visa online. That is where iVisa comes in. We can help you get what you want with minimal effort. Below, you will find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the Laos eVisa. They should help you learn more about it.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Panamanian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. As it seems, the citizens of Panama are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
The online process of obtaining a Laos eVisa is not as frustrating as the one at the embassy. Even so, you still need to make a small effort. That effort consists of putting together a few documents and some information so that iVisa can get the process started. Here is what you need:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not very long. Plus, iVisa gives you three choices when it comes to the processing speed of your application. As a result, you can have your Laos eVisa ready at your earliest convenience. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 72 hours for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. It is determined by the processing speed of your application. So, the faster you want your travel document, the more you have to pay for it. The prices, which include the service fees, are below.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa allows you to remain inside the country for a period limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Alas, no. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you have to enter the country through one of the border checkpoints listed below. If you do not plan on doing that, you must go to the nearest Laotian embassy in Panama and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge