Planning your vacation takes plenty of time and consideration. However, did you know that almost all nationalities who travel to Laos need to obtain a visa in advance? Fortunately, Laos’s visa policy is lenient, and it allows all nationalities that are not visa-exempt to apply for a visa online as long as the purpose of their trip is tourism. iVisa can help with the online application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, all you have to do is read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do the citizens of Papua New Guinea qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Papua New Guinea are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
While the online process of getting a Laos eVisa is not as complicated as going to a Laotian embassy, you still need to make sure that you meet a few requirements. Nevertheless, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you decide. iVisa provides you with three processing time options. That way, your Laos eVisa can arrive exactly when you need it to. Your choices are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 business days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It depends on the processing speed of your application. And since you are the one who decides on that, you sort of choose how much money to spend. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
The service fees are already included in the prices listed above.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa will allow you to stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
At the moment, no. Only two points of entry in Laos accept a Laos eVisa. If you choose to enter the country via another border checkpoint, you have to apply for a standard visa at the Laotian Embassy in Papua New Guinea.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge