Laos is a beautiful place to spend your vacation in, but you should be aware of the fact that you may need a visa to get in the country. Only 15 nationalities are exempt. However, the good news is that Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online as long as the purpose of their visit is tourism. iVisa can help you get the travel document you need with little to no effort. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, please read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Paraguayan citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Paraguay can apply for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help with the process.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
For you to be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, you must first make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. However, we assure you that you will not struggle with putting everything together. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you decide. To that effect, iVisa gives you three choices when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can have your Laos eVisa in your e-mail inbox as soon as you need it. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore, the price of your travel document can be one of the following:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
The service fees are already included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Regrettably, not yet. For the moment, only two points of entry accept a Laos eVisa. If you choose to enter the country through another border checkpoint, you have to go to the Laotian Embassy in Paraguay and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge