Laos is a gorgeous country with many experiences to offer. Spending your vacation there is an excellent idea. But did you know that you may have to get a visa to travel to Laos? It is not all bad news, however. Laos’s visa policy states that all non-visa exempt nationalities can obtain a Laos visa online as long as they travel for tourism purposes. That is where iVisa intervenes. We can help you get the document you need with minimal effort on your behalf. To find out more details about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you take a couple of minutes and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Peruvian citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a citizen of Peru, you are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and we can help you with the application process.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you will see, the Laos eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is for you to decide. When you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. That way, you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 72 hours for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. It is influenced by which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. So, the price of your visa can be one of the following:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa lets you stay in Laos for a period that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you have to cross the border through one of the points of entry listed below. Choosing another border checkpoint means that you have to go to the Laotian diplomatic mission in Peru and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge