Do you want to spend your vacation in Laos? No problem. The country is gorgeous. However, one of the things you should know is that you may have to get a visa in advance. Lucky for you, Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and in consequence, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa can assist with the online application process. Below, you will find the answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions about the Laos eVisa. That should help you find out more details on the matter.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Portuguese citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Portugal are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, you must make sure that you meet the requirements. But as you will see, the list is relatively short, and the items on it should be easy enough to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. iVisa gives you three processing time choices when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can receive your Laos eVisa exactly when you need it. Your options are:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 Business Days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It is determined by the processing speed of your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34 The service fees are included.
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. When you have a Laos eVisa, you have to go through the following points of entry:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Keep in mind that if you choose another border checkpoint, you need to get a standard visa from the Laotian embassy in Portugal.