Spending your vacation in Laos is a fantastic idea. The scenery is beautiful, and you can create some unforgettable memories there. But did you know that almost all nationalities need a visa to enter Laos? Fortunately, to encourage tourism, Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently. It allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online as long as the trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you get the document you need with little effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you take a moment and read the information you can find down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Do Qatari citizens qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, same as all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Qatar are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What are the requirements I have to meet for a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not that long. Plus, chances are that you already have some of the necessary things. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – it is essential that you check its expiry date and make sure it is still valid and remains as such for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, a blank page is necessary for stamping
- Passport photo – it would be best if the picture were taken recently
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any proof of accommodation should be more than sufficient
- E-mail address – as a result of an online application process, your Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. We suggest that you print more than one copy just so that you can have a spare
- Means of payment – with iVisa, you are free to pay using multiple methods, whichever you find more convenient. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not long. Plus, you should know that when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you get three processing time options for your application. That way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your visa is ready within 7 business days
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Super Rush processing – you only have to wait 3 business days for your application to be processed
What is the cost of a Laos eVisa?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is variable. It depends on the processing time option you select. As a result, the faster the processing, the more you are charged. The prices are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long after issue does the Laos eVisa expire?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many times can I travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
How much time can I spend in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa allows you to stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is it possible for me to use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you need to cross the border via one of the points of entry below. Otherwise, you must pay a visit to the nearest Laotian embassy in Qatar and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge