Laos is an excellent choice as a vacation destination. The sights are gorgeous, and you will create the most wonderful memories there. However, did you know that most nationalities who want to go to Laos need to obtain a visa in advance? Fortunately, when it comes to tourism, the visa policy of Laos allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online. That is where iVisa steps in. We can help you with the online application process. For more details, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Romanian citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Romania can apply for a Laos eVisa, and we can assist you every step of the way.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
Before you start the online application process, you must make sure that you have everything necessary. Fortunately, the Laos eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines as well. For example, the photo has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not as long as you would think. Plus, iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing time of your application. That way, you can have your Laos eVisa at your earliest convenience. Your choices are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It varies depending on the processing speed you choose for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your visa to be ready, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
As long as you hold a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Regrettably, no. Only two border checkpoints hold the Laos eVisa as valid. If you decide to cross the border via another point of entry, you need to pay a visit to the Laotian embassy in Romania.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge