Do you plan on spending your vacation days in Laos? We believe that you made an excellent choice. Nevertheless, you should know that you may have to obtain a visa in advance. Most nationalities do. Even so, there is no reason for concern. According to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities who travel to Laos for tourism purposes can apply for a visa online. With iVisa, you will get the travel document you need with minimal effort. If you are interested in learning more, you can take a minute and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Rwandan citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Rwanda are eligible for a Laos eVisa. iVisa ensures a smooth and stress-free online application process for you.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you need to do before you access the application page to fill in the form is to check and see if you have everything necessary for a successful application process. That should not be a challenge since the list is quite short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As long as you choose. When you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given the opportunity to pick the processing speed of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
It depends on what option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. The point is that the faster you want the processing to go, the more you are charged for your Laos eVisa. Here is a list of prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
When you travel to Laos on a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain in the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. You can use a Laos eVisa only at two points of entry, as listed below.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you choose another border checkpoint, you must go to the Laotian embassy in Rwanda and apply for a standard visa.