Traveling to Laos to spend your vacation is one of the best choices you can make for your days off. You are going to have a wonderful time there. But did you know that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance? The good news is, however, that Laos’s visa policy is pretty lenient. By that, we mean that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel only for tourism purposes. iVisa can help with the application process. You should take a couple of minutes and explore the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below so that you can learn more about the Laos eVisa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Saint Lucian citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. Same as all the other non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Saint Lucia are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for a Laos eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. You may already have some of the necessary things. If not, we assure you that they are easy to obtain. Here is what you must have at hand during the application process:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is up to you. When you get a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services, you are given three options as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. That way, you can make the best possible choice for you. Here they are:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The amount you are charged for your Laos eVisa depends on which option you pick concerning the processing time of your application. Therefore, the faster you want your visa, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa allows you to stay in Laos for a period that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. A Laos eVisa grants you entry as long as you enter the country via the border checkpoints below. If you choose a different one, your only option is to go to the Laotian embassy in Saint Lucia and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge