Are you planning to spend your vacation in Laos? Then you will have a fantastic time. Laos is an excellent choice. Nevertheless, you should know that most nationalities need a visa to enter Laos, and chances are that you need one too. Not to worry, though. According to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can acquire a Laos visa online provided that their trip is for tourism purposes only. iVisa facilitates the online application process so that you do not have to make too much of an effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Samoan citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Samoa are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
To obtain a Laos eVisa, you need to put together some information and a few documents so that iVisa can get the process started. However, as you will see, there is nothing on that list that may be challenging to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Besides, when you get a Laos eVisa using the services provided by iVisa, you get to choose the processing speed of your application. You are given three options so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a also eVisadepends on the processing time of your application. It varies. As a result, the amount you are charged can be one of the following:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa allows you to stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. When you opt for a Laos eVisa, you must enter Laos via the points of entry listed below. If you plan on using a different border checkpoint, you have to go to the Laotian embassy in Samoa and request a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge