Are you planning to take a trip to Laos? Then you should probably be aware of the fact that you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, the visa policy of Laos is not very strict when it comes to tourism. According to it, all non-visa exempt nationalities who travel to Laos solely for tourism purposes can apply for a visa online. iVisa can be of help in that department. We can help you get your travel document in no time. For more information about the Laos eVisa, we suggest that you read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Sammarinese citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, like all the other nationalities, the citizens of San Marino have access to a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you must do when you decide to apply for a Laos eVisa is to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for the application process. You must meet a few requirements. Nevertheless, you should not have a hard time doing that. Here is all you need:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Besides, iVisa gives you three processing speed options. That way, you can choose the one that is best for you and have your Laos eVisa in your e-mail inbox precisely when you need it. Your choices are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It is established during the application process when you have to choose a processing time. Basically, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you are charged for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
As long as you hold a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Alas, no. When you travel on a Laos eVisa, you are obligated to enter the country using one of the following border checkpoints:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you pick a different one, you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy in San Marino and apply for a standard visa.