Choosing Laos as your vacation destination is an excellent idea. You are going to have a lovely time there. However, were you aware of the fact that most nationalities who wish to visit Laos need a visa in advance? Even so, Laos’s visa policy is pretty lenient in the sense that it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you with the process. If you are interested to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Sao Tome and Principe, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as it seems, the citizens of Sao Tome and Principe are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
Before you go ahead and fill in the online application form, you should know that you must first meet some requirements. However, you should not struggle with acquiring everything necessary. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As long as you choose. When you [apply for a Laos eVisa] with iVisa, you are presented with three processing time options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The price of a Laos eVisa is variable. It is established by the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore, the sooner you want your visa, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the costs for each option:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you need to cross the border via the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, you must pay a visit to the Laotian embassy in Sao Tome and Principe and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge