Laos is a beautiful country, and if you plan on spending your vacation there, you will not regret your decision. However, as a fact, most nationalities need a visa to cross the Laotian border, and chances are so do you. But that does not mean you have to go to an embassy. In fact, as long as you travel to Laos for tourism purposes, you can apply for a visa online. iVisa will help you every step of the way. In the meantime, if you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, we put together the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about it. For more information, do not hesitate to contact us. Our customer support is reachable 24/7.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Serbian citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Serbia are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, you cannot apply for a Laos eVisa without meeting the requirements. Even so, as you will see, the list is not very long, and you should have an easy time putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Plus, when you get a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given a chance to choose the processing speed of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can select the one that best satisfies your needs. Here they are:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The price of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It is established by the processing time of your application. Therefore, the faster you want your visa, the more you have to pay for it. The price can be one of the following:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. As long as you decide to apply for a Laos eVisa, you must enter Laos through one of the border checkpoints below. Choosing a different one compels you to go to the Laotian embassy in Serbia and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge