Are you planning a trip to Laos? It is a fantastic vacation destination. However, you may need to get a visa before departure. Even so, you will be happy to learn that Laos has a lenient visa policy. It allows most non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can jump in and help you with the application process. All you need is 20 minutes of your time. If you are interested in learning more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Seychellois citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Seychelles are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, you cannot start the process of getting a Laos eVisa without making sure that you meet the requirements. The good news is, however, that the list is not extensive, and you may already have some of the things you need. Here is what you must put together:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not too long. Besides, when you use the services rendered by iVisa to apply for a Laos visa, you receive three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. That way, you can pick the one that best works for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of your Laos eVisa is not fixed. In fact, you are charged according to which processing time you pick for your application. So, the faster you want your visa to arrive, the more you are asked to pay for it. The list of prices can be found below.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after issue.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for a period that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. You must enter the country through one of the following points of entry:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Choosing a different border checkpoint means that you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.