Are you interested in spending your vacation in Laos? Let us congratulate you on your fantastic choice. However, before you start packing your bags, keep in mind that you may need a visa to travel to Laos. Fortunately, Laos’s visa policy allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online. With iVisa, you can get the travel document you need with very little effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you can take a moment and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Slovak citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Slovakia, like many other nationalities, can apply for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help with the process.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
The first thing you have to accomplish before you access the application page to fill in the form is to make sure that you can provide iVisa with everything it requires to get the process started. But do not worry, that should not be a complicated task for anyone. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That depends on you. iVisa gives you three processing speed options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa at your earliest convenience. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Your Laos visa’s cost depends on the processing time you choose for your application. The sooner you want your visa to be ready, the more you are charged. The list of prices can be found below.
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay in Laos for more than 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. You are obligated to cross the border through the following points of entry:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you decide to travel via another border checkpoint, you must obtain a standard visa issued by the Laotian embassy in Slovakia.