Laos has become quite a popular vacation destination for many people. However, did you know that most nationalities need a visa to cross the Laotian border? Fortunately, Laos does not have a strict visa policy when it comes to tourism. As it seems, most non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel to Laos solely for tourism purposes. iVisa can help with the application process so that you do not invest too much time and effort in getting your travel document. To find out more about the Laos eVisa, you can find below the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Slovenian citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Slovenia can apply for a Laos eVisa. With iVisa, you will not make too much of an effort to get the document you need.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
As you are about to see, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa does not include items that may be difficult to acquire. Chances are that you already have some of them. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is up to you. How is that possible? When you use iVisa to get your Laos eVisa, you are provided with three options as far as the processing speed for your application goes. That way, you can make the best possible choice for you. Here is what you have at hand:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The amount you are charged for a Laos eVisa is influenced by the processing speed of your application. So, the faster you want your travel document to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can spend as much as 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. You must enter Laos through one of the border checkpoints below. Otherwise, you need to obtain a standard visa issued by the Laotian embassy in Slovenia.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge