Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you should probably be aware of the fact that you may have to get a visa in advance. Most nationalities do. Nevertheless, according to Laos’s visa policy, almost all nationalities that travel to Laos for tourism purposes are given the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. That is where iVisa can be of help. Our application process is designed to be stress-free and less time-consuming than the one at the embassy. If you want to know more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you take a moment and read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Solomon Islands, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Solomon Islands can apply for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you with the process.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, the online application process of getting a Laos eVisa cannot happen if you do not meet the requirements. However, we assure you that all of them are easy to fulfill. There is nothing out of the ordinary on that list. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
The timeframe in which your Laos eVisa is ready is up to you. That is because iVisa gives you three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. That way, you can select the one that best suits your needs. Here they are:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 Business Days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 Business Days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The amount you spend on a Laos eVisa is established by the processing speed of your application, which you get to choose. The faster you want the processing to move, the more you have to pay for your travel document. The prices are:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
As a Laos eVisa holder, you are allowed to remain for up to 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. Only two points of entry accept a Laos eVisa as a valid travel document. They are listed below. Keep in mind that if you plan on entering Laos through someplace else, you need to go to the Laotian embassy in the Solomon Islands and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge