Spending your vacation in Laos is an excellent idea. It is a beautiful country with plenty to offer. But did you know that most nationalities are required to get a visa in advance? If not, you find out now. But you should know that according to Laos’s visa policy, almost all nationalities that are not visa exempt can apply for a Laos visa online as long as their trip is solely for tourism purposes. iVisa can help with the application process. If you wish to know more about the Laos eVisa, we put at your disposal the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Somali citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Somalia can apply for a Laos eVisa, and with iVisa, you will get it with minimal effort.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
The list of requirements for a Laos eVisa does not include anything that may be difficult to acquire. In fact, you may already have some of the necessary things. You will need the following:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Your Laos eVisa will be ready in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because you get three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. You can choose the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not much. Plus, the cost of a Laos eVisa is determined by the processing time option you select for your application. Needless to say, the faster you want your visa, the more you pay for it. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa expires in 60 days after issued after the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can spend as much as 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Alas, no. You have to cross the border via one of the following points of entry:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
Bear in mind that choosing a different border checkpoint means that you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a consular visa.