Going on vacation in Laos? Then you have some planning to do. One of the things you need to take care of before departure is the visa. After all, you may be required to obtain one. Most nationalities do. However, you will be pleased to learn that most nationalities who travel to Laos for tourism purposes are given the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, that can happen with minimal effort. If you are interested in knowing more about the Laos eVisa, you should take a couple of minutes and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a South African citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. As a matter of fact, the citizens of South Africa are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
As you can probably imagine, before you start the process of obtaining a Laos eVisa, you need to check whether or not you meet the requirements. Nevertheless, the list is not very long, and the things on it are easy to acquire. Here are the documents and information you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
As long as you decide. For your benefit, iVisa created three processing time options for your application. That way, your Laos eVisa can be ready precisely when it suits you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not much. Besides, the cost of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore, the faster you want your travel document, the more you are charged. The list of prices for each option is below.
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. To enter Laos with a Laos eVisa, you are obligated to use the following points for entry:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge
If you plan to cross the border somewhere else, your only option is to go to the Laotian embassy in South Africa and apply for a standard visa.