Laos has a few of the most beautiful touristic attractions you can find, which is why many people travel there for their vacation each year. If you want to do the same, you should be aware of the fact that chances are you need to get a visa in advance. Most nationalities do. However, Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system, and it allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online for as long as they travel for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you with the process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information presented below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Spanish citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Spain can apply for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you need to take care of before you fill in the application form is the list of requirements. However, as you will notice, the list is quite short, and the items on should not be challenging to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is for you to decide. One of the best things of getting a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services is that you are provided with three options as far as the processing time of your application goes. That way, you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not too much. But please keep in mind that the cost of your Laos eVisa is variable. It depends on the processing time of your application. So, if you want your visa as fast as possible, you are going to pay a higher price than when you choose the standard option. The prices per each choice are as follows:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. Only two points of entry in Laos consider the Laos eVisa valid. They are listed below. Choosing a different place to cross the border pushes you to apply for a standard visa at the Laotian embassy in Spain.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge