Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then you should know from the start that chances are you need to obtain a visa before departure. But it is not all bad news. Laos recently adopted the electronic visa system, and as a result, the citizens of almost all countries are eligible for a Laos eVisa as long as they travel to Laos for tourism purposes only. If you want, iVisa can help you with the application process so that you do not invest too much effort in the matter. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the information we put at your disposal down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Sri Lankan citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, of course. The citizens of Sri Lanka are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
Naturally, before you start the process of getting a Laos eVisa, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. Lucky for you, the list below is not very long, and you should have an easy time acquiring everything you need, which is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That depends on your choice. iVisa provides you with three processing time options for your application. As a result, you can have your Laos eVisa ready when you need it. Your choices are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
Not much. But bear in mind that the cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. As a result, the sooner you want your visa, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
The maximum duration of stay a Laos eVisa ensures is of 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. It is imperative that you cross the border via the points of entry below. Otherwise, you have to go to the Laotian embassy in Sri Lanka and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge