When you decide to take a trip to Laos, one of the things you have to consider is the fact that you may be required to apply for a visa in advance. The good news is, however, that Laos adopted the electronic visa recently. In consequence, almost all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that they travel to Laos for tourism purposes. If you wish, iVisa can help you get the travel document with little to no effort. If you are interested in finding out more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Saint Kitts and Nevis, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of St Kitts and Nevis can apply for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
You will be pleased to learn that the online process of obtaining a Laos eVisa is not as demanding and as frustrating as going to an embassy. Even so, you still need to make a small effort. That effort consists in putting together the documents and information listed below.
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
It is up to you. Applying for a Laos eVisa with iVisa means that you are given the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can select the one that suits you best. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
As for how much you are charged for a Laos eVisa, you should know that its cost is not fixed. It is established by the processing time option you choose for your application. Basically, the faster you want the processing to go, the larger the amount. Here are the prices of each processing option:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The period of validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
When you have a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. You have to go through the two points of entry mentioned below. Please remember that if you choose a different border checkpoint, you need to go to the Laotian embassy in St Kitts and Nevis and request a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge