Do you plan on spending your vacation days in Laos? You have made a fantastic choice. But did you know that most nationalities who travel to Laos need to get a visa in advance? If not, we are telling you now. Even so, the visa policy of Laos allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online when the purpose of their trip is tourism. So, you are in luck. With iVisa, your effort in the matter is close to non-existent. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of St Vincent & Grenadines, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of St Vincent & Grenadines are amid the nationalities that are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
Typically, applicants have no issues with meeting the requirements for a Laos eVisa. That is because the list is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. What you need for a successful application process is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
The timeframe in which your Laos eVisa arrives depends on the processing time you choose for your application. So that you can have your visa at your earliest convenience, iVisa gives you three excellent options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. As a result, the faster you want the processing to go, the more money you are charged. The prices of each option are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa confers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
While you have a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Sadly, no. Only two points of entry hold the Laos eVisa as valid. They are listed below. Please remember that choosing a different border means that you have to apply for a standard visa at a Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge