Do you plan on spending your vacation days in Laos? You have made a wonderful choice. You will have a lovely experience. However, keep in mind that you may need to apply for a visa before you leave. Most nationalities do. On the other hand, the good news is that Laos adopted the electronic visa recently, and as a result, almost all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online provided that the trip is for tourism purposes. iVisa ensures a smooth and fast application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, please read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Sudanese citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Sudan have access to a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, you should make sure that you meet the requirements. Rest assured that there is nothing on the list that may be hard to acquire. What you need is as follows;
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is up to you. When you get a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are provided with three processing time options for your application. That way, you can make the best possible choice for you. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is not constant. It changes depending on the processing time you choose for your application. In consequence, the faster you want your visa to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa is a Single Entry visa.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
While you travel with a Laos eVisa, you can remain in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Regrettably, no. If you hold a Laos eVisa, you can enter Laos via only two points of entry. They are listed below. However, please remember that if you choose to enter the country through another border checkpoint, you have to obtain a standard visa issued by the Laotian embassy in your country.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge