Spending your vacation in Laos is a wonderful idea. You are going to have a lovely time there. But did you know that most nationalities need a visa to enter Laos? Even so, you should not have a difficult time obtaining one. That is because Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, almost all nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online as long as they travel to Laos for tourism purposes. iVisa ensures a fast and stress-free application process. Below, you will find the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about the Laos eVisa. That should help you gather more information on the matter.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Swedish citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Sweden can apply for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you every step of the way.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
The online application process of getting a Laos eVisa is not as time-consuming and as frustrating as going to the Laotian embassy, but you still need to make sure that you meet the requirements. However, the list is quite short. Here is what you need:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That depends on which processing time option you choose for your application. iVisa provides you with three of them so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 72 hours
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa is established by the processing speed of your application. As you can imagine, the faster you want your visa to be ready, the more you have to pay for it. The list of prices can be found below:
- Standard –USD 78.13
- Rush – USD 98.13
- Super Rush – USD 118.13
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa expires 60 days after issued after the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
At the moment, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two points of entry, as listed below. It is important to remember that if you want to cross the Laotian border through another point of entry, you must go to the Laotian embassy in Sweden and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge