Do you plan on spending your vacation in Laos? Then you should know that chances are you need to acquire a visa in advance. The majority of nationalities do. Nevertheless, what is important to keep in mind is that Laos adopted the electronic visa system recently, and as a result, almost all nationalities that are not visa-exempt and travel to Laos for tourism purposes can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa provides a short and easy application process. If you are interested in knowing more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we put together for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Taiwanese citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Taiwan qualify for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help you get it with minimal effort.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
While the online process of getting a Laos eVisa is less stressful than going to an actual embassy, there is still one thing that you have to do, and that is to make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process, which is as follows:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is up to you. When you apply for a Laos eVisa using the services rendered by iVisa, you are given three options as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. That way, you can make the best possible choice for you. Here is what you can go for:
- Standard processing – you wait 7 business days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 5 business days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 3 business days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time you pick for your application. So, the faster you decide the processing to go, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
While you have a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
No. Only two of them do. They are listed below. It is important to remember that if you want to cross the Laotian border via another point of entry, you are required to go to the Laotian embassy in Taiwan and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge