Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then chances are you must obtain a visa in advance. Only 15 nationalities are exempt. Even so, you will be happy to learn that Laos has a pretty lenient visa policy, and it allows almost all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online provided that their trip to Laos is only for tourism purposes. iVisa can help you with the online application process so that you do not invest too much time and energy. If you wish to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a Tanzanian citizen, do I qualify for a Laos eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Tanzania, like so many other nationalities, are eligible for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to obtain a Laos eVisa?
One of the first things you have to do before you apply for a Laos eVisa is to make sure that you meet the requirements. However, that should not be a challenging task since the list is pretty short, and the items on it easy to acquire. You will need the following:
- Passport – before anything else, take a look at its expiry date to make sure that it remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. A blank page is also necessary for the stamp
- Passport photo – it is best if the picture is taken recently. There are other guidelines, as well. For example, it has to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will do
- E-mail address – when you apply for a visa online, the requested document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. You have to print it out before departure. We suggest that you print more than one copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can either use a credit/debit card, or PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat. Whichever you think is most convenient for you.
How long must I wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
That is for you to decide. iVisa provides you with three processing time options for your application so that you can make the choice that is most convenient for you. As a result, you can have your Laos eVisa ready at your earliest convenience. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – you wait 10 days for your Laos eVisa to arrive
- Rush processing – it takes 8 days for your application to be processed
- Super Rush processing – your travel document arrives in just 6 days
How much does a Laos eVisa cost?
The price of a Laos eVisa is not fixed. It varies depending on the processing speed option you choose for your application. Basically, the sooner you want your document to be ready, the more you have to pay for it. The cost can be one of the following:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
What is the validity of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa ensure?
The [Laos eVisa] grants a Single Entry.
What is the maximum duration of stay with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay for more than 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Do all points of entry accept a Laos eVisa?
Unfortunately, no. Only two points of entry accept the Laos eVisa as valid. If you want to go to Laos via another border checkpoint, you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge