Are you planning to travel to Laos for tourism purposes? Then you may have to acquire a visa before departure. Most nationalities need one. However, the good news is that Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you get the travel document you need with little to no effort. If you wish to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you can read the answers to some of the most commonly asked question we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of the Bahamas apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes. Like all non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of the Bahamas can apply for a Laos visa online, and iVisa facilitates the process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
One of the first things you have to do when you decide to apply for a Laos eVisa is to make sure that you fulfill all the requirements. Even so, the list is not very long, and chances are that you already have everything you need. Here is what you must put together for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. When you use iVisa’s services to get your Laos eVisa, you are provided with the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. You are given three options so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. Here is what you have at your disposal:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 business days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 business days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 business days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
How much you are charged depends on the processing time of your application. Obviously, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you spend on it. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. To be able to use a Laos eVisa, you need to use one of the points of entry mentioned below. If you choose to enter Laos through another border checkpoint, you have to apply for a consular visa at the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge