When you decide to take a trip to Laos for tourism purposes, one of your first concerns should be regarding the visa. Since there are only 15 visa-exempt nationalities, chances of you needing one are pretty high. However, you will be glad to find out that you have the possibility to apply online for a Laos visa, and iVisa will help you every step of the way. To find out more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information provided below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of the Central African Republic apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of the Central African Republic have the opportunity to apply online for a Laos visa, and iVisa can help with the process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
The first thing on your to-do list when you apply for a Laos eVisa is to make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. However, that should not be a challenge. What you will need is as follows:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is entirely up to you. When you use iVisa’s services to obtain a Laos eVisa, you are provided with three options when it comes to the processing time of your application. That way, you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. Here they are:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you are charged for a Laos eVisa is determined by the processing speed of your application. So, the faster you need your visa, the more you have to pay for it. The prices are listed below and include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
A Laos eVisa grants you a duration of stay that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. When you have a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country through the border checkpoints mentioned below. If not, you are required to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and obtain a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge