Are you planning to travel to Laos? Then you should be aware of the fact that chances are you need to obtain a visa in advance. However, you will be pleased to learn that according to Laos’s visa policy, all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, you will experience a short and stress-free online application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the Czech Republic eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, as a Czech national, you qualify for a Laos eVisa, same as every other nationality. iVisa will help you get it with little effort.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
To be able to apply for a Laos eVisa, you must first take care of the requirements. However, as you will see, the list is not very long, and the items on it should be easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not long. Plus, when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you get three processing time options. That way, you can pick the one that is most convenient for you. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. But keep in mind that the price of a Laos eVisa is established by the processing time you choose for your application. The faster the processing, the larger the amount. The costs, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to spend up to 30 days Per Entry in Laos.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. The Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country via the points of entry mentioned down below. If you decide to go through another border checkpoint, you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and obtain a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge