When you plan a trip to Laos, one of the first things you need to consider is the fact that you may have to obtain a visa before departure. The good news, however, is that the visa policy of Laos allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to obtain a visa online as long as the purpose of their visit is tourism. iVisa can help you get the needed travel document with little effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. You can find them below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of the Dominican Republic eligible for a Laos eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of the Dominican Republic can apply online for a Laos eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to apply for a Laos eVisa?
As you can imagine, the online application process of getting a Laos eVisa is less demanding than the one you have to go through at the embassy. Even so, you still have to meet a few requirements. Here is what you need:
- Passport – make sure that your passport maintains its validity for another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. Also, it must have at least one blank page available for the stamp.
- Passport photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo. For example, it needs to be taken on a white background.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – a hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb receipt, or any other proof of accommodation will suffice.
- E-mail address – when you apply online, your travel document arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure. Preferably in more than one copy, just in case you lose one.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile when it comes to payments. You can use a credit/debit card, but we also take PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat.
How much time do I have to wait for my Laos eVisa to be ready?
Not much. But the best part is that when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given a chance to pick the processing time of your application. That way, you can make the best possible choice for you. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – you have to wait 7 Business Days for your application to be processed
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your Laos eVisa is ready within 3 Business Days
Is it expensive to apply for a Laos visa online?
No. But what you should remember is that the cost of your Laos eVisa depends strictly on the processing time you choose for your application. The faster the processing, the larger the amount. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
What is the validity period of a Laos eVisa?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the issue date.
How many times can I enter Laos with a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Laos with a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Is the Laos eVisa valid at any point of entry?
No. The Laos eVisa is valid only at two points of entry. If you choose another one, you have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and obtain a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge